7-Levels Framework for Christians
1. Pray: Every good thing begins at the roots, returning to mindfulness, and sitting in stillness with God.
2. Listen: From there you work on listening to that still small voice, the mind of Christ within you.
3. Obey: And then you follow it; many people don't understand that the better part of self-mastery is obedience. This is what Paul was talking about when he said in Romans 7:19, "For the good I know, I do not..." He could hear Christ speaking in his heart, but need to dig deeper to find the strength to obey.
4. Enjoy: This is oft-missed step. Enjoy the fruits of your labor with deep gratitude. Take the time to simply enjoy being alive and count your blessings.
5. Connect: Now you've laid a firm foundation in your inner life, your relationship with God, and the alignment of your actions with your values. In the resulting fullness of being you're ready to bring value to others in connection and relationship and show up in the community with your gifts. This is where you start to see how you contribute value to the world and to understand your calling and profession.
6. Commit: There’s a parallel here between 2, 3, 4 (foundational) and 5, 6, 7 (relational). So commitment is to "connection" as obedience is to "listening". It means following up, following through, and holding your boundaries. and integrity. Having discovered yourself and your relation to others, you will naturally gravitate toward partnerships (romantic, fraternal, and professional) that embody and amplify your God-given gifts and provide you with the necessary "blessons" to keep you on the straight and narrow.
7. Prosper: By the grace of God, and by the strength He's given you, you are living fully and abundantly. Celebrate your fullness, abundance, completion, and success. And consciously release it, returning everything to God, and enter into rest.